Prenatal Chiropractic Care
If you have become pregnant, your body is going to go through a lot of changes. There are going to shifts in the way your body handles oxygen, blood flow, and even its breathing pattern. When this is combined with the weight gain of pregnancy, you could be wondering how you can make yourself more comfortable. The good news is that a chiropractor is trained to help women remain as comfortable as possible while also taking care of their unborn children. Take a look at how a chiropractor can help you with your pregnancy below!
Are Chiropractors Safe for Pregnancy?
One of the most common questions we hear in our office is whether or not it is safe to use a chiropractor during pregnancy. The answer is, yes! It is very safe to visit a chiropractor during pregnancy. A chiropractor has undergone an extensive amount of training to make sure that he or she is able to care for women who are pregnant. Following four years of college, a chiropractor undergoes four years of training at chiropractor school. Then, after this, many chiropractors go on to get additional training to make sure they are ready to take care of specific patient populations including children, the elderly, and women who are pregnant. There are lots of ways that a chiropractor can help someone who is pregnant.
The Symptoms and Conditions Treated by a Prenatal Chiropractor
There are several symptoms and conditions that a prenatal chiropractor can treat. Some of the most common examples include:
- Back Pain: It should come as no surprise that a woman who is pregnant might develop back pain. As the abdomen grows, the vertebrae will start to be pulled out of alignment in an effort to compensate for the weight gain. A trained chiropractor understands how to address back pain safely and efficiently.
- Hip Pain: The pelvis is going to have to accommodate a growing uterus as the pregnancy continues. Over time, women might start to notice hip pain. When this happens, a chiropractor knows how to take a look at the hips, sacrum, and pelvis to make sure that everything is aligned.
- Neck Pain: Women who are pregnant often complain of neck pain. This has to do with the stress that is placed on the muscles, ligaments, and tendons throughout the back that leads to the neck. With the help of a trained chiropractor, women with neck pain can find relief from neck pain.
- Tailbone Pain: Tailbone pain is one of the most frequently overlooked issues when it comes to pregnancy. A trained chiropractor can take a look at the tailbone and help women find ways to help with the discomfort.
These are just a few of the ways that a prenatal chiropractor in San Pedro can help women manage pain and discomfort while pregnant.
The Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor When Pregnant
Some women hesitate to visit a chiropractor when they are pregnant; however, chiropractic adjustments and manipulations that are performed by a trained chiropractor during pregnancy are safe for the mom and baby. Some of the benefits include
- Position: It is important to make sure the baby is in the right position for the birthing process. A chiropractor is able to make sure this happens, helping to facilitate a smooth birth process.
- Spinning: In some cases, the baby might need to spin to arrive in the right position for the birthing process. A chiropractor understands how to make this happen.
- No Side Effects: It is important to try to keep side effects and complications to a minimum. A chiropractor uses manual therapy, which means there are very few possible side effects and complications.
- Personalized Care: Instead of seeing a doctor who is trying to rush patients in and out, a chiropractor knows how to spend time getting to know his or her patients, ensuring that all patients receive the personalized care that they deserve.
These are just a few of the many benefits of working with a trained and experienced prenatal chiropractor in Torrance. This can go a long way toward making sure patients are comfortable while also taking care of the mom and baby.
Why We're The Best Prenatal Chiropractor
If you are looking for a prenatal chiropractor in Newport who can help you with back pain pregnancy, call Zaker Chiropractic Today. We can help patients with hip pain, pelvic pain, sciatica pregnancy, and more. Check out our glowing reviews on Google that have been left by our prior patients as well! call (949)416-2108 for an appointment in Newport Pain & Wellness in Newport Beach, (424) 218-0368 for South Bay Pain & Wellness in Torrance, or (310) 683-0493 for an appointment with San Pedro Pain & Wellness in San Pedro
New Patients Receive a Free Consultation: Limited Space Available
Schedule now to guarantee your treatment.