While nearly everyone places safety first when they get behind the wheel of a car, a car accident can still happen at any time. Even the smallest of car accidents can lead to serious injuries. Therefore, it is important for everyone to make sure their injuries are treated as quickly as possible. Some people might be asking if they should go and see an auto accident chiropractor for a car accident injury. The answer is, yes! There are a few important points that everyone should keep in mind.
What Injuries Can Happen From a Car Accident?
- Whiplash: This is the term used to describe a neck strain that might happen in a car accident. When a car accident takes place, the neck can move quickly from side to side, spraining the ligaments. This can lead to severe neck pain.
- Herniated Disc: This is another common injury that people might sustain in a car accident. When the torso is thrown forward against the knees, this is called hyperflexion of the back. This can rupture one of the discs in the back, often between L3 and L4 or between L4 and L5.
- Dashboard Knee: This is a knee injury that takes place in a motor vehicle accident. When the knee strikes the dashboard, the top of the knee can be pushed back in reference to the fibula and tibia. This can sprain the PCL.
How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Injury?
In the medical community, car accident injuries should be treated as quickly as possible. Even those who feel fine following a car accident should see a medical professional immediately. There might be serious car accident injury examples that might not yet be causing symptoms; however, those who feel pain weeks or months later should still seek medical care. Medical professionals are always willing to lend a helping hand to those in need.
Should I Go to the Chiropractor After a Car Accident?
- Adjustments which ensure the spine is aligned properly following a serious accident
- Traction which can increase the amount of space between the joints, alleviating compression injuries
- Physical therapy, which can help strengthen vulnerable areas of the body, preventing injuries from happening in the future.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from Car Accident?
Why Choose Zaker Chiropractic?
At Zaker Chiropractic, our goal is to place the needs of our patients first. That is why we have immediate appointments available and we also provide all of our patients with a session of massage, strength training, or pilates! We share all of our reviews on both Yelp and Google so that all of our patients can see what others have said about our services. Contact us today at (949) 446-1172 to make an appointment!